Wednesday 3 August 2016

OPI Alice Through the Looking Glass Review & Swatches

Did anyone see the Alice Through the Looking Glass movie? I hadn't seen the first movie, so I didn't care much about the second...until I saw the colors OPI released. Stuh-ning! I have a few favorites, how about y'all?

I hadn't done any stamping in a while, and as my first post back in a while, I wanted to do something simple to ease back into blogging on a regular basis. So I used some Bundle Monster plates, then outlined them with black to pinpoint some of the key moments in classic Alice in Wonderland world.

Wondering About Alice by Katy @ Nailed It

There's a few colors from the collection for this nail art, which you can check out below.

OPI - A Mirror Escape
OPI - A Mirror Escape
A Mirror Escape (3 coats) is a gritty gold chrome with white matte glitter. The glitter makes this an odd textured polish, so it's not shiny, and feels a little bumpy.

OPI - Fearlessly Alice
OPI - Fearlessly Alice
Fearlessly Alice (2 coats) is one of my favorites. It's a super bright cyan/teal blue creme with excellent coverage.

OPI - Having a Big Head Day
OPI - Having a Big Head Day
Having a Big Head Day (2 coats) has quickly become a popular color around the salon I work in. It's this year's bright cherry red from OPI. Hard to beat.

OPI - I'm Gown for Anything!
OPI - I'm Gown for Anything!
I'm Gown for Anything! (2 coats) is a pretty little light lavender-lilac. Some people will have a problem with this formula (think Mod About You) because it's a bit chalky. I do really like the color though.
OPI - Mad for Madness Sake
OPI - Mad for Madness Sake
Mad for Madness Sake (2 coats) is a super bold and bright magenta pink creme. Almost neon? Almost?
OPI - Oh My Majesty!
OPI - Oh My Majesty!
Ok, so Oh My Majesty! (2 coats) is definitely a favorite, next to Fearlessly Alice. Oh My Majesty! is a pearly gold white. There's just a hint of a gold shimmer over the pearly why, and you can't really tell unless you're in the sun. The subtlety is beautiful!
OPI - The I's Have It
OPI - The I's Have It
The I's Have It (2 coats) is what the sky is made of - a light baby blue with a teensy weensy bit of purple in it. Maybe?
OPI - What Time Isn't It?
OPI - What Time Isn't It?
What Time Isn't It? (2 coats) is a dark grey creme with silver bar glitter embedded. Glitter can be tough to apply, as we all know, but this one's fine.
OPI - What's the Hatter with You?
OPI - What's the Hatter with You?

No comments:

Post a Comment